StarRStruc Plus is made from Neopor® GPS Graphite Polystyrene insulation product that can be used as a premium high R-Value rigid insulation.
StarRStruc Plus Continuous Insulation is the optimal choice for both Residential and Commercial Insulation. It is manufactured using BASF Neopor® Graphite Polystyrene. Unlike other Rigid Insulation products StarRStruc plus does not suffer from degrading R-Value over time and maintaining a stable R-Value over the life of the product. StarRStruc Plus also serves as a weather resistive barrier when installed according to UES ER-572.
- Residential CI Insulation paired with StarRgard or StarRgard Plus
- Used as Structural Bracing instead of OSB
- Cavity Walls
- Interior Walls
- Attics, Crawl Spaces, Gable Ends
- Various Stucco Systems Including One Coat
- EIFS Exterior Insulation Finish Systems
- 10-20% Material savings compared to other rigid insulation products.
- Structural sheathing cost is more stable than OSB or similar products.
- 100% 20 Year thermal warranty
- Meets 2018, 2015, 2012, IBC, IRC codes for Continuous Insulation (CI), Attics and Crawl Spaces
- Standard sizes:
- 4'x8', 4'x9', 4'x10' Panels (1/4" to 52" thick)
- Also available in custom sizes
|Properties||Type I||Type VIII||Type II||Type IX||Test Method|
|Nominal Density (psi)||1.00||1.25||1.50||2.00|
|Thermal Resistance (R-Value)||ASTM C177|
|(per inch) at @25°F||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.5|
|(per inch) at @40°F||5.2||5.2||5.2||5.3|
|(per inch) at @40°F||5.0||5.0||5.0||5.0|
|Compressive Strength (psi. 10% deformation)||10||13||15||25||ASTM D1621|
|Flexural Strength (min. psi)||25||30||35||50||ASTM C203|
|Water Vapor Permeability (perms)||4.0||3.1||3.1||2.5||ASTM E96|
|Water Absorption (max. % volume)||1.1||1.1||1.1||1.1||ASTM C272|
|Flame Spread Index||5||ASTM E84|
|Smoke Developed Index||25||ASTM E84|
|StarRGard Thickness||Design Temp||R-Value*|